My Collections of Original Indonesian Recipes...

I just want to give you a big welcome...

In this blog i dedicate to give you the best of Original Indonesian Recipes...

Indonesian food comes from many sources of ingredients and spices, from various kinds of chillies, ginger, shallot, turmeric to coconut milk. Combining those natural spicy ingredients provides you unique dishes from Indonesia, the islands of spices...

To All food lovers, I really encourage you to try the taste of Indonesian foods, most of them are spicy and have exotic tastes you've never experienced before, I'm serious...
They're really worth trying... :)

Ikan Asam Pedas (Hot And Sour Fish)



Ingredients:

  • 2 Pounds Fish,Cubed Any Kind
  • 1 Lime Lime Juice
  • Salt And Pepper, To Taste
  • 2 Cloves Garlic
  • 4 Medium Shallot
  • 1 tsp Ginger
  • 1/2 tsp Galangal
  • 2 Medium Jalapeno
  • 1 tsp Tumeric
  • 2 tbsp Peanut Oil
  • 3 tbsp Water
  • 20 Leaves Mint, Shredded

How To:

  • Marinate fish in lime juice and salt and pepper for 1 hour.
  • Place in blender, garlic, shallots, ginger, galangal, jalepenoes, tumeric, oil and water.
  • Process into paste, transfer to frying pan and saute for 5 minutes, add fish and saute for 10 minutes.
  • Serve over rice and sprinkle with mint.

2 comments:

Karin W. said...

I like fish very much. Sometimes I marinate fillets of cod in ginger, garlic, soy sauce, honey and lime juice. Cook the fish in the oven ab. 10 minutes and get a very spicy fish. I would like to try your recipe, but I don´t know anything about galingal. Would you please tell me?

Juandy said...

galingal is the synonom of galangal...

I've edited the post :)